U13 District Showcase
The 2023 U13 District Showcase will be held in Nipawin from August 18th to 20th. More details to come!
Featuring District All-Star teams!
For players born in 2010 and 2011.
If you are interested in coaching, contact your District Director by July 1st.
|Gold ||District 7 - Rivers West |
|Silver ||District 8 - Lakeland |
|Bronze ||District 3 - South West |
|4th ||District 5- Prairie Central |
|5th ||District 2 - Regina |
|6th ||District 6 - Saskatoon |
|7th ||District 1 - South East |
|8th ||District 4 - Parkland Valley |
2015 to 2021 Results
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To provide additional playing opportunities for Girls
- To extend the ball playing season
- To showcase excellence in all Districts
- Tryouts on a smaller scale than for a games team, therefore more opportunity for players to experience higher level of ball
- Player development and promotion of sport
- Must supply a minimum of 2 diamonds and are responsible for the cost.
- It is recommended that a Concession/Canteen be available.
- Admission can be charged to all except participating players & coaches. It is suggested that admission be based on Softball Saskatchewan Provincial Championship recommended rates.
- Umpire costs (game fee’s and mileage) will be reimbursed to the Host organization upon completion of the event. Umpires will be compensated as per Softball Saskatchewan Provincial Championship rates. Umpires are assigned by the District UIC.
- The District Showcase is typically held the 3rd weekend of August. The rotation system originally established for this event is as follows: Districts 4, 6, 3, 5, 7, 1, 2, 8.
|2022 || |
District 7 - Battleford
|2021 || |
District 7- Meadow Lake - North
District 2 - Regina - South
|2020 ||Cancelled due to Covid |
|2019 ||District 6 - Saskatoon |
|2018 ||District 4 - Yorkton |
|2017 ||District 8 - Prince Albert |
|2016 ||District 2- Regina |
|2015 ||District 2 - Regina |
|2014 ||District 1- Moosomin |
|2013 || ? |
- The Head Coach must be trained Community Softball or Level 1. All coaches must have their Respect in Sport (RiS). Head coach applications must be submitted to the District Director as soon as possible.
The Head Coach will be approved by the District Director.
The Head Coach will be allowed to pick up to four (4) assistants upon approval by the District Director. All coaches must have their Respect In Sport (RiS).
One (1) coach must be the same gender as the athletes on the team.
The Head Coach will put together a budget for the team and submit this to the District Director for approval.
Coaches have final say on choice of players with approval by the District Director.
Coaches suggest and organize tryout times and locations which shall be done after Provincial Championships. The District Director may be asked to assist.
Softball Sask will post tryout times and locations on their web site.
- In 2022 participation is open to all players U13 players born in 2009 or 2010.
- Responsible for all travel and lodging costs to and from tryout locations and tournament
- The Roster size shall be a minimum of eleven (11) and a maximum of fourteen (14) players. Selection of athletes is to be done after Provincial Championships are completed. Rosters should be submitted to the Softball Saskatchewan office using the Provincial Roster Form by August 12th.
- Uniform tops will be purchased by Softball Sask. using the specific District color.
- There will be no District Transfers allowed for the girls.
- All athletes must pay a $20 fee to try out for their District team. All tryout costs (diamond rentals, equipment, etc.) are the responsibility of each District team. Once the team is selected an additional fee could be charged, if necessary, as per the approved budget.
- Each District team must have a budget to be drawn up and presented to the District Director for approval.
- Will be made up by Softball Sask and will follow a Round Robin format which guarantee’s all teams a minimum of four (4) games. We will try and ensure all teams play a minimum of one (1) game in the Playoff Round.
- Will sanction the tournament.
- Will provide recognition for teams that finish in 1st and 2nd place and provide uniform tops for all teams (players and coaches).
- Will provide Showcase supervisor(s)
- Will appoint and select umpires.
- Will reimburse expenses for umpire game fee’s, mileage and facility rental (if any).
- Will promote the program on our web site, newsletters and social media platforms.
- Will provide scorebooks, Line-up cards and Rawlings softballs.