Clinics and Fees
Levels and Registration Fee Structure
Please click HERE for Umpire Certification Levels. Fees include GST and registration with Softball Canada.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Retired|
2021 Clinic Dates & Locations
This year we will be hosting mandatory online certification clinic sessions for all new, 1st and 2nd year umpires. These clinic sessions will be held on April 18, 19 & 20 via Zoom.
For more details, please visit the Registration page.
2021 Online Level IV Umpire Clinics
Softball Canada is pleased to announce that an on-line Level IV National Umpires Certification Clinic will once again be held in the spring of 2021. The clinic dates are tentatively set for five Sunday’s in February & March. Each of the five two-hour sessions, led by experienced Softball Canada instructors, will focus on the psychology of officiating, advanced game management techniques and mechanics and much more.
To be eligible to participate, candidates must be a fully certified Level III umpire for at least two years and receive a positive endorsement from their provincial or territorial organization. Successful completion of the Level IV clinic results in Level IV Theory certification. A subsequent successful evaluation at a U-19 (M or F) Fast Pitch or Senior Women’s Slo-Pitch Canadian Championship will leads to full Level IV certification.
- Registration fee is $225 and includes a digital Level IV manual, access to the Adobe Connect virtual classroom platform and all other resources.
- Participants will require access to a computer with high-speed Internet connectivity, a mic/headset and a webcam to participate.
- Each of the five sessions of the online Level IV clinic will be held beginning at 9 AM to 11 AM (Central) time on each date listed below. (This means 8 AM in BC, 9 AM in Alberta and Saskatchewan, 10 AM in Manitoba and 11AM in Ontario.)
- Tentative clinic dates are Sundays: February 7, 14, 21, March 7 & 14 .
- The language of instruction for this clinic offering will be English.
- To register please complete the form below and send it, along with payment of the fee, to the address on the form. Registration will be limited to 20 participants with preference given to candidates from more remote areas of the country.
Please note that submission of a completed registration form and fees does not guarantee acceptance into the clinic. Candidates will be advised upon their reception into the online clinic.
The registration deadline for the Spring 2021 online Level IV umpires clinic is January 24, 2021. For more information or to register please contact Donna Ozarko at email@example.com.
2021 Instructor/Evaluator Clinic
Softball Canada will be holding an Instructor/Evaluator clinics in March. The cost will be $225.00.
All clinics will be online from 5 PM (Central) to 7 PM(Central) time on each Session listed above. (This means 4 PM in BC, 5 PM in Alberta and Saskatchewan, 7 PM in Ontario.)
Please click HERE for the registration form.
|Date||Topic/Group 1||Topic/Group 2|
|March 7||Instructor Course - Session 1||Evaluator Course 1|
|March 10||Evaluator Course - Session 1||Instructor Coarse 1|
|March 14||Instructor Course - Session 2||Evaluator Course - Session 2|
|March 17||Evaluator Course - Session 2||Instructor Course - Session 2|
|March 21||Instructor Course - Session 3||Evaluator Course - Session 3|
|March 24||Evaluator Course - Session 3||Instructor Course - Session 3|