Indigenous Sport Coordinators
We are very excited to have Kevin Roberts of La Ronge as our Indigenous Sport Coordinator.
We anticipate Kevin devoting time and energy specific to working with the many individuals and organizations throughout the Indigenous community that it will enhance the profile for the sport of softball throughout the Province. Following are some of the key areas that Kevin will be working on:
· Be a member of our North American Indigenous Games (NAIG) Working Group and our liaison with the Games Sport Coordinator and all coaches.
· Attend NAIG Meetings and, where possible, ID and Training Camps following budget parameters.
· Be our Liaison with the Tony Cote Games Host Organization and address concerns or questions related to softball. Attend Tony Cote Games Meetings, if necessary, following budget parameters.
· Identify communities and organizations that are interested in hosting athlete skills clinics, NCCP coach clinics and umpire clinics.
· Identify possible Skills Instructors, Learning Facilitators, Umpire Instructors and coaches for NAIG.
· Maintain a calendar of Indigenous softball events throughout Saskatchewan and respond to requests for attendance at events while adhering to budget parameters.
Communication & Promotion
· Promote and encourage participation in the sport of softball by athletes, coaches, umpires and volunteers.
· Promote and encourage affiliation (membership) with Softball Saskatchewan.
· This position requires interaction and information sharing with the Softball Saskatchewan Board of Directors and Staff.
· Identify and provide input and information that is needed for our Softball Saskatchewan web site and social media platforms.
· The Sport Coordinator will play a key role in establishing communication, visibility and program awareness to Indigenous and Metis communities and organizations.
We look forward Kevin further strengthening our position and relationships throughout the Indigenous community in Saskatchewan.