National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
Which Clinic is Right for You?
Not sure what clinic to take? Click HERE to find out which clinic is best for you, and scroll down this page to see a list of the clinics. Coaching Clinics typically run in the spring, beginning in March. Check back for more dates early next year.
Formally known as Learn to Play, Timbits Softball is a nationally regulated softball program for ages 5-10. This program is the first exposure to our sport for both our parents and players. We want to prepare our parents and coaches as best we can by providing them with a free parent/coach clinic.
For available clinic dates, click here.
2020 Community Softball Coach Clinic
Registration will open in early January 2020.
|Battleford||April 3 & 4|
|Canduff||April 3 & 4|
|Saskatoon||April 25 - 26|
|Regina||May 1 & 2|
2020 Competition Introduction Clinics
***Note: These will be the only 3 Comp Intro Clinics held in 2020
|Location||Weekend 1||Weekend 2|
|Prince Albert||February 29 - March 1||March 14 - 15|
|Regina||March 28 - 29||May 2 - 3|
|Saskatoon||April 4 - 5||April 25 - 26|
Competition Introduction Evaluation
Professional Development (PD) Modules
Click on the Module title for more information and the opportunity to acquire PD points.
- Softball Saskatchewan Coaching Symposium - TBA
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability eLearning module - $15
- Making Head Way in Sport eLearning module - Free
Did you know that you can receive 1 PD point for coach each year? Make sure you self-report you active coaching in your locker!
Competition Development (Level 3 Technical)
Softball Competition-Development focuses on coaches working with athletes in the Train to Train and Train to Compete stages of Softball Canada’s LTPD model. Certification in this context is required for Canada Summer Games and to be eligible as a National Team Coach. This training involves both softball specific content over 2 weekend clinics, as well as 6 multi-sport modules offered through your Provincial/Territorial Coaching Association. Once coaches have completed both Weekends they will have Competition-Development In-Training status, and will move to Trained status once the 6 multi-sport modules have been completed. To become Competition-Development Certified, coaches will also need to fully complete the evaluation process.
Please note, this is not the Certification required for coaching at Canadian Championships. Coaches attending these Competition-Development clinics should already be Trained and/or Certified in Competition-Introduction.
To register for the Competition-Development Clinics Weekend 1 and 2 please see the link below. Each weekend will run Friday evening, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Specific details, schedule, and location will be sent out to registered participants prior to the clinic.
- Weekend 1 - Oct. 18-20, 2019 (Regina)
- Weekend 2 - Jan. 17-19, 2020 (Saskatoon)
Coaches have the option to register for Weekend 1 and 2 together, or each separately. (The price is the same). Click this link for more information: https://softball.ca/2019/CompDev/SK
Please follow the instructions below for registration:
- Click on the link provided, and select one of the 3 ticket options by clicking ADD TO CART, then PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
- Create a New User Profile or Log In if you have an existing profile with Softball Canada.
- Once Logged In Select PAY NOW or PAY LATER and follow instructions. (If you choose PAY LATER you will receive an invoice via email and payment must be processed before the first day of the Clinic, and in order to receive your Pre-Task Workbook)
- Finalize order by clicking on the form link at the top of the page COMPETITION-DEVELOPMENT CLINIC REGISTRATIONS and input all required information.
- Once complete, select SUBMIT. You will receive a confirmation email.
Prior to the clinic(s) coaches will receive the Pre-Task Workbook via email, which MUST be completed before attending each Competition-Development Clinic. If you have any questions, please contact Kristin Noonan at email@example.com.
Alberta and Quebec will also be hosting in 2020
|Year||WEST (3rd Weekend of Oct & Jan)||EAST (last weekend of Nov & Feb)|
|2020-2021 (CSG)||No Clinics||No Clinics|
|2022-2023 (WCSG)||British Columbia||Ontario|
|2024-2025||No Clinics||No Clinics|